4.4.14

Poundland bargains // Constance Carroll Compact Refill Powder Review

I've been after a powder to set my make up and stop shine for a while now, as I've just run out of my trusty ELF powder.I decided that seeing as I get most of things I buy from Poundland,I'd see if they have any powders on offer.I found these compacts from Constance Carroll (which is apparently a UK brand,although I've never heard of it.) The only issue I have with Poundland is sometimes there is a lack of shades in cosmetics.There were two shades of this powder,"Roma" which was quite a dark pinkish brown colour and "Saffron Glow" which was more yellow toned.I picked "Saffron Glow" but on checking the Constance Carroll website,I noticed they do lighter and darker shades.It would be great if Poundland started stocking these,so that everyone could try them out!

 I'm not sure about the packaging,I think it looks a little dated,but let's not judge a book by its cover.It seems to have quite a lot of product in it,so hopefully it will last a while.



I can't make my mind up about this powder.It has a nice texture and leaves my skin feeling soft.Also,it offers a sheer coverage so it looks quite natural.I was worried that it would be too yellow toned for my skin,but it blended into problem areas (cheeks and chin) perfectly.The only downsides are  that the powder can get everywhere and it doesn't have the nicest smell.It's got quite a powdery scent and it reminds me a little bit of a perfume my Nan might wear,it's not too overwhelming though.


























Here is the final result! Overall I'm pretty happy,if you're after a matte finish then this isn't the powder you're looking for,but it does give a lovely dewy look to the skin.I've also noticed it keeps my make up in place nicely for a good few hours.It's definitely worth having a look at anyway,the store I went to was quite small,so a bigger shop may have a wider variety.


What type of finish do you prefer for your skin? Matte or Dewy?














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo