18.5.14

Beauty // SPF Summer Skin care picks


These past few days have been wonderfully warm haven't they? I hope you've all been enjoying the weather.I've been trying to make the most of it by spending as much time basking in the sunshine as possible! This week I've really been making sure to include products that contain SPF in order to avoid that lobster red look.I wish I was able to get a golden tan like some people,but until then I'll stick to these as I've found these have really helped to keep my skin in check.

I've been applying this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock religiously since it started getting warmer and I love that I can use it on my face without breaking out as it is oil free and non comedogenic (doesn't clog pores) I picked it up from the 99p store and it's the highest SPF factor that I've been able to find (let me know if you have seen any higher!) It sinks into the skin easily but it is quite slow to absorb so I'd definitely wait 5 minutes before getting dressed etc..I've used some sunscreens that have left my face looking like an oil slick,but with this one I can apply foundation over it and still have a completely matte finish.

This Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Moisturising  is really great for those sunny days where you want to wear lighter make up and let your skin breathe.It's SPF 30 and its creamy formulation is amazing for sorting out tired dry skin whilst giving a medium coverage.I've got very pale skin and I found this to be a good match,despite looking quite orange in the tube it leaves my skin looking even and lessens the look of my pores.I wrote a full review a little while back which you can read here

As a 00's teenage girl,I was an huge fan of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse,but as I got into my 20's I found that I wanted a foundation that offered a more coverage and was more suited to my skin tone.I've been using Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in Light Vanilla (as you can see from the tatty much loved packaging!) It's £10.99 which is quite expensive compared to my budget buys,but as foundation can make such a difference I'm happy to pay it.It contains SPF 10 and has various pigments (yellow,red and green) to help combat dark circles,dull complexion and redness.It does cover light pimples and scarring,but if you're having a breakout you might need to apply some heavy duty concelear to add a little more coverage.One thing I've noticed is that it does stay on for a good few hours,a little swirl of powder is all that is needed to set this for most of the day.I could stand to go a shade paler (they don't do it!) but I love how it feels light and natural on my skin.If you're after a long lasting and medium coverage foundation then I'd really recommend it.


Although I've got my trusty skincare routine to help keep my freckles safe and the wrinkles at bay,I'm really struggling to find a foundation for pale freckly skin!


Does anybody have any recommendations?














3 comments:

  1. I've been considering using a SPF, I might just give the Neutrogena one a try, since "not greasy" is right about number 1 priority for creams/lotions for me.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works for you,I've found it's kept my skin nice and soft :) Let me know if you buy it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this review! I've recently done a really similar post on my blog, feat. my two favourite SPFs: http://daisydabbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/spf-moisturisers-review-two-loves.html
    Now roll on the summer!
    Daisy xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo